These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended.
1. No person under the age of 50 will be allowed to reside in a park home (with the exception of the park owner and their family, or a park warden and their family).
2. A park home may be used by the occupier and members of their permanent household and bona fide guests only, these must not exceed the permanent number of berths, and sub-letting is not permitted. The occupier is responsible for their visitors, any vehicles, and the conduct of any children in their custody.
Home and Pitch
3. Homeowners must maintain the exterior of their park home in a clean and tidy condition and a good state of repair, this includes any utility buildings on the pitch (where applicable), and the pitch itself. Where the exterior is repainted or recovered, homeowners must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior colour scheme.
4. For reasons of ventilation and safety, you must keep the area underneath the home clear and not use it as storage space.
5. Residents must not interfere with any trees, shrubs, perimeter fences or other foliage, by pruning, cutting back or otherwise. Under no circumstances must anything be cut from the height of hedges or trees not owned by Campbell’s Park Homes. You are only allowed to trim your side of the hedge or tree where branches overhang your pitch, Advice in writing from the park owner on this matter should be obtained at all times before any trimming takes place.
6. No interference with the banking or watercourse of the stream at PenworthamPark is permitted.
7. You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure unless you have obtained our approval in writing (which will not be withheld unreasonably). You must position fences and any other means of enclosure so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements.
8. You must not have more than two outbuildings on the pitch. The design, standard and size of the shed must be approved by us in writing before purchase (approval will not be withheld unreasonably). You must position the outbuildings so as to comply with the park’s site licence and fire safety requirements.
9. You must not have any storage receptacle on the pitch other than the outbuilding mentioned in Rule 8 and any receptacle for the storage of domestic waste pending collection by the local authority.
10. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
11. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
12. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose, and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park.
13. Access is not permitted to vacant pitches. Building material or other plant must be left undisturbed.
Vehicles and Parking
14. You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle on the park. You must also ensure that any vehicle you drive on the park is taxed in accordance with the requirements of law and is in a roadworthy condition.
15. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and not exceed the displayed speed limit.
16. Touring or motor caravans, boats, trailers or similar equipment must not be parked within the area of any home without obtaining prior approval of the Park Owner, which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
17. Disused or unroadworthy vehicles must not be kept anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
18. You must not carry out major repairs to vehicles/engines/trailers/boats or similar equipment on the park involving the dismantling of parts of the engine, or works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels.
19. Other than for the delivering of goods and services, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including:
. light commercial or light goods vehicles, as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and
. vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle
with the exception of commercial vehicles operated by the park owner and their family, or an authorised employee or warden.
20. Only off-road parking is permitted, so as to provide access for emergency vehicles. Occupants and their visitors should use the designated car parks if parking space is not available on the pitch, with the exception of emergency services and tradesmen who have obtained prior permission (which will not unreasonably be withheld).
21. Obstruction of fire hydrants, interference with fire points and appliances which are for use in case of emergency, is expressly forbidden. Children and visitors should be especially warned of this by all occupiers.
22. You must not have external fires, including incinerators.
23. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
24. You must not keep explosive substances on the park.
25. You must not use or display guns, firearms or offensive weapons (including crossbows) on the park, and you must only keep them on the pitch or in your home if you hold the appropriate licence and they are securely stored in accordance with that licence.
26. The occupier must protect all external water pipes on their pitch from potential frost damage. Any leakages must be repaired immediately. Responsibility for all clogged sewers above ground on the pitch rests with the occupier.
27. You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players, televisions, radios and similar appliances, or any motor vehicle, so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of 10.30 pm and 8.00 am.
The express terms of a homeowner’s agreement contain an undertaking on the part of the homeowner not to allow anything which is or becomes a nuisance, inconvenience or disturbance to other occupiers of the park and this undertaking extends to the behaviour of pets and animals. A similar requirement not to cause a nuisance applies to tenants and again, this includes the behaviour of pets and animals.
These rules do not have retrospective effect. If the keeping of the pet complied with the previous rules, an occupier will not be treated as being in breach when these rules take effect. However when the pet dies or leaves, it can only be replaced if this would comply with these rules.
You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
28. Not more than one cat or dog (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 which are not permitted at all). You must keep any dog under proper control and you must not permit it to frighten other users of the park. You must keep any dog on a leash not exceeding 1m in length and must not allow it to despoil the park.
29. Not more than one domestic cat. You must keep any cat under proper control and must not permit it to frighten other users of the park, or to despoil the park.
30. Not more than two budgerigars or other caged birds, which you must keep within the park home
31. Dog waste bins are provided on the park and use should be made of these at all times.
32. Nothing in rule 28 of these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an assistance dog if this is required to support your disability, and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book, or other appropriate evidence.
33. All notices to the occupier shall be deemed to have been properly served if delivered by hand or by post to the pitch, and notices to Campbell’s Park Homes shall be deemed to have been properly served if sent by post or delivered by hand to its Registered Office address.